Material & maintenance
All our jewelry is handmade, which makes each piece of jewelry unique. Recycled silver and gold is used during our production process. The (gem)stones used are honestly mined. In addition, we try to create as little waste as possible when processing the material.
The 'silver' jewelry is made of Sterling Silver, or 925 silver. Pure silver is too soft to make jewelry, so the pure silver is mixed with a small amount of other material to make it stronger. Sterling silver consists largely of silver (92.5%), the other 7.5% consists of other materials.
The 'GoldVermeil' jewelry is based on Sterling Silver, Surrounding it is a layer of 18k gold of 2.5 microns thick. GoldVermeil offers a perfect balance between quality and value. If properly maintained, it will last a lifetime.
The leather jewelry is cut and sewn by hand. During the processing process, an attempt is made to create as little 'waste' as possible. Leather is a natural product and it is durable, if you maintain it properly it will last a long time.
The vegan leather jewelry is made of apple leather. This is a vegan and sustainable material, made from apple leftovers.
Each material type has its own characteristics and properties. These all respond to outside influences.
Silver jewelry can eventually discolour, for example it can become greenish, black or dull. The discoloration of silver is called oxidation, this is a natural process in silver and therefore also in silver jewelry. Silver jewelry also responds to the acidity of your skin. The acidity of your skin varies per person and depends on many factors. For example, it has to do with what you eat, whether you take medication and the amount of perspiration. Therefore, polish silver jewelry regularly with a soft, lint-free cloth or a silver polishing cloth. You can also occasionally rinse silver jewelry under a lukewarm tap with a mild soap.
GoldVermeil jewelry has a layer of 18kt gold that can wear off or discoloration, it is important that you take good care of your GoldVermeil jewellery. It is important that this jewelry comes into contact with moisture and heat as little as possible. We recommend daily maintenance of your GoldVermeiljewelry to prevent tarnishing. You can do this by polishing your jewelry with a soft, lint-free cloth. If the material does discolour, you can easily polish it again with a special gold polishing cloth.
To keep leather jewelry beautiful, it is important to maintain it properly. It is best to clean leather jewelry with leather cleaner. You can then treat the leather with leather oil or grease, you can use the same products that are also used for shoes. Make sure that you then rinse the products thoroughly to avoid stains on clothing.
To maintain vegan leather jewelry, it is good to regularly wipe the jewelry with a slightly damp, lint-free cloth. In addition, it is advisable to clean and care for the jewelry every 3 to 6 months with a PU spray or spray for imitation leather.
Tips to keep your jewelry beautiful for longer:
- Keep your jewelry clean with a soft, lint-free cloth (provided).
- Don't wear your jewelry while you sleep.
- Avoid wearing jewelry while exercising.
- Do not wear your jewelry on the beach, in the shower or while swimming.
- Avoid contact with perfume, make-up and other care products.
- When you are not wearing the jewelry, store it in a cool, dark place, for example in a jewelry box, to prevent damage.
- Never store your jewelry in direct sunlight or in a damp place.
- Never use chemicals of any kind to clean your jewelry.